Morwell Golf Club was first founded in 1908. The existing Club House has been constructed using two halves of a Yallourn township house (the Yallourn township, a State Electricity Commission of Victoria company town, has made way for the expansion of the Yallourn Mine to provide coal to the Yallourn Power Station).  The Club House was opened in March 1977 by Mr. W De Campo, the Assistant General Manager of SECV.